Aircon not cold problem is very common and can happen at any time for various reasons. A problem with your aircon unit or the aircon service could be required. If your aircon is not cooling or not as cool as it used to be, follow the easy steps below to fix the problem.
If your air conditioner is not producing cold air, there are a few easy steps you can take to try and fix the problem:
- Check your thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is set to “cool,” and the temperature is set lower than the current room temperature. Also, check that the batteries are still good and the display works properly.
- Check the air filter: A dirty air filter can block airflow, causing your AC unit to work harder and not cool as effectively. Check and replace the air filter if it is dirty or clogged.
- Check the condenser unit outside: The condenser unit outside can become dirty and clogged, which can reduce airflow and cause your AC unit to work harder. Clean the unit and clear away any debris or vegetation around it.
- Check the evaporator coil: If it is dirty, it can reduce airflow and cause your Aircon unit to work harder. You Clean the coil using a soft brush or vacuum cleaner.
- Check for leaks: A refrigerant leak can cause your Aircon unit not to cool properly. If you suspect a leak, contact a professional HVAC technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Check for blockages: Ensure no obstructions are blocking the vents or air ducts. Blocked vents or ducts can prevent airflow and reduce the cooling efficiency of your air conditioner system.
- Check the fan: Make sure the fan is working properly and blowing air out of the vents. If the fan is not working, contact a professional HVAC technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Check the power supply of your aircon unit. Make sure the power outlet is connected to the unit.
By following these easy steps, you can often fix the problem of an air conditioner not cooling. If none of these steps work, it may be time to contact a professional HVAC technician for further assistance.
Cause of the aircon not cooling
Is your aircon not cooling? It can be frustrating trying to find the cause of why your aircon is not cold. There are many potential causes, ranging from faulty parts to poor maintenance. And The most common causes of the aircon not cooling include dirty air filters, incorrect thermostat settings, low refrigerant levels, blocked condenser coils, and malfunctioning compressors. Here are the common causes of the aircon not cooling.
- Dirty air filter: A dirty air filter can block airflow and reduce the cooling capacity of your air conditioner. So if your air filter is dirtier, you should clean the filter by yourself or get aircon service from a professional technician.
- Low refrigerant level: If the refrigerant level is low, it can cause your air conditioner not to cool properly. When you notice the lack of refrigerant, you should add the refrigerant with the help of experienced technicians.
- Thermostat issues: If the thermostat is not calibrated correctly or is faulty, it can cause your air conditioner not to cool properly. So check if the thermostat is correctly set or not.
- Electrical problems: Electrical problems such as faulty wiring or a malfunctioning capacitor can cause your air conditioner not to cool properly. If your circuit board or any electrical issue, you should contact professional technicians to fix the issue.
- Blocked air ducts or vents: If the air ducts or vents are blocked, it can prevent airflow and reduce the cooling capacity of your air conditioner.
- Dirty condenser unit: A dirty or clogged condenser unit can prevent the air conditioner from cooling properly. So clean the condenser unit regularly.
- Faulty compressor: The compressor compresses the refrigerant and circulates it through the system. If the compressor is faulty, it can cause your air conditioner not to cool properly.
- Size of the unit: If the air conditioner is not the correct size for the room or space it is cooling, it may not be able to cool the space efficiently.
These are the most common reasons your air conditioner may not be cooling properly. If you cannot identify and fix the problem independently, it may be time to contact a professional technician for further assistance and fix the issue quickly.
What issues could I face if I do not fix the aircon? Not a cold problem?
If you do not fix the issue of your air conditioner not cooling properly, you may face the following issues:
- Reduced comfort: Your air conditioner is designed to keep you cool and comfortable, but if it’s not working properly, you may not achieve the level of comfort you desire.
- Increased energy bills: When your air conditioner is not working properly, it has to work harder to cool your space. It can lead to increased energy consumption and higher energy bills.
- Reduced lifespan of the unit: If your air conditioner is not cooling properly, it has to work harder and longer to cool your space. It can put additional stress on the unit, reducing its lifespan.
- Health issues: Poor air circulation and ventilation can lead to poor indoor air quality, which can cause respiratory issues and other health problems.
- Costly repairs: Ignoring the issue of your aircon not cooling properly can lead to more significant problems in the long run, which can be costly to repair.
- Complete system failure: If the problem with your air conditioner is left untreated for an extended period, it can cause the entire system to fail, which can be a costly and time-consuming repair.
In Conclusion, ignoring the issue of your AC not cooling as expected can lead to reduced comfort, increased energy bills, reduced unit lifespan, health issues, costly repairs, and complete system failure. It’s essential to address any issues with your air conditioner as soon as possible to avoid these potential problems.
Letscool aircon service company is here to solve all aircon problems at the most affordable price. You could also get the best service and advice from our experienced technicians. For more details, please get in touch with us today !!