Is the aircon not cold?
It’s a common problem during Singapore’s hot and humid weather. Aircon usage is vast in residential and commercial areas to reduce the heat and prevent health hazards from the hot place. So the regular use of aircon is to collect so much dirt and dust from outside and less refrigerant. The aircon is not cold. The primary reason is that the aircon is formed with more accumulated dirt, and the second one is that refrigerant usage might be low. So if your aircon is not cold, you should hire a professional expert to solve the issues quickly. If you skip the small problem, it might cause big trouble. It might be a chance to lose the aircon. So get expert advice, and here we mention why the aircon is not cold and how to fix it. The below suggestions are hopefully helpful to you when your aircon is providing low cooling.
The common reasons why your aircon is not cold :
- The aircon unit is not installed correctly
One of the most common reasons why aircon are not cold is because the aircon are not properly installed. Do proper aircon installation with a professional expert to avoid significant issues. If your aircon was installed by an Unprofessional, then it is likely that the problem is with the installation itself. Ensure that the aircon unit is installed in a way that allows it to function properly.
- The aircon unit is not properly maintained
Another common reason for an aircon not being cold is that it is not properly maintained. This means the air filter is dirty or the coils are not clean. Both of these things can prevent the aircon from working properly. Make sure to clean the air filter and coils regularly. Do aircon servicing properly to avoid such issues and save your cost.
- The aircon unit is not the right size
Another common reason aircon is not cold is that they are not the correct size. This means the aircon unit is too small or too large for its room. Make sure to get an aircon unit that is the appropriate size for the room. If you don’t know about it, no worries, get expert advice and do a site visit before aircon installation to get the right size of aircon, then save electricity too by getting the right BTU size of aircon.
- The aircon unit is not properly insulated
Another common reason for an aircon not being cold is that it is not properly insulated. This means that the aircon unit is not properly sealed. Ensure that the aircon unit is packed correctly to be properly protected. Is your aircon unit not properly insulated? You could solve this issue with an experienced expert.
- The aircon unit is not set to the right temperature
Another common reason aircon is not cold is that they are not set to the right temperature. So check if the temperature is correctly set or not.
How to troubleshoot an Aircon Not cold issue?
One of the most common issues people have with their air conditioners is that the unit is not blowing out cold air. If you find yourself in this situation, there are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot the issue and get your unit back up and running.
- First, check to ensure the unit is properly plugged in and the breaker has not been tripped. If everything looks fine there, take a look at the air filter.
- If the filter is dirty, it could restrict airflow and cause the unit to work harder than it needs to. If your aircon filter is more dirty, you could clean the filter or replace the filter to get an efficient cooling
- Check the evaporator coils. If they’re dirty, they won’t be able to absorb heat as effectively, which can make the air conditioner less effective.
- If the air conditioner is still not blowing cold air, there could be an issue with the Freon levels. A professional should handle this, so if you think this might be the problem, call an air conditioning repair service.
- Check for leaks. If there are any leaks in the air conditioner, it can cause the coolant to escape, which can make the air conditioner less effective.
- Lastly, if the unit is still not working properly, the compressor may have an issue. Again, this is something that should be handled by a professional.
If your air conditioner is not blowing cold air, don’t despair. Try these troubleshooting tips and get it up and solve the issues professionally.
Letscool aircon service is here to solve all aircon issues at an affordable price. We have well-experienced technicians, so they can easily solve the problems quickly and ensure to provide our best service for our customers.
If your aircon is not cold? Let’s start booking an appointment with us !!